Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The sun rises over Kilimanjaro. According to climate scientists, qubool hai these glaciers be gone


This year's holiday was added late autumn. We had pointed us out Tanzania, and where should we go on safari. Afterwards we should be long flat on a lounger in Zanzibar. Relaxing holiday, in other words. But when I presented our plans for a mate, he meant that we could not let the opportunity to also climb up Africa's highest mountain pass us by. Kilimanjaro, with its 5895 meters, which is known in Tanzania. I got great light, but was a little unsure if I could persuade my better half to join. Man forces somehow not with the people on Kilimanjaro. But amazingly enough, and almost without nagging (I promise!), He said yes. We shopped in half turavdelingen qubool hai in Oslo Sports Storage and headed off. A little about the program: We chose a trip in six days, and traveled with an international group of 12 people. We were spending five nights in a tent and go for 6-7 hours each day. For a small mountain and tent accustomed person was thus set for challenges on several levels. At the "gateway": Machame qubool hai gate, at 1828 meters. There was some waiting before we could start walking. The berries have a max limit on luggage at 15 kg, and all weighed carefully. Rainforest and just smile the first day. One begins qubool hai to walk in the rainforest on the first day, as the landscape changes and becomes drier, grayer. The dust was everywhere, but after all MUCH better than mud (which would be the consequence if it had rained). At the camp the first night. On the way to the top! However, currently only on day 4 The days were as follows: We were woken half seven in the morning with a cup of hot tea. So it was just to jump in turklærne and wash with the hot water we were given. Breakfast was eaten in the food tent: Eggs, sausage, toast, porridge and fruit. As a rule, we began to go before qubool hai eight o'clock, and went all day (with breaks). Morning care. There were some incredibly nice days, with amazing views, great weather and mostly qubool hai good shape. The guides were very clever to motivate and ensure that the mood was great. As we came up the hill, was admittedly altitude sickness creeping: nausea, dizziness, headaches and low energy. I still felt confident that I would get to the top - but how uncomfortable would it be? View to another mountain: Mount Meru. On day four we arrived at the camp early in the afternoon. We let at 19 - and was awakened again at 23 Around midnight we were on our way up to finally climb Kilimanjaro - just a little again! The point of going at night is to reach Uhuru Peak and the 5,895 meters at sunrise. qubool hai But even after an hour I got breathing difficulty. I think it was some sort of panic attack. Very uncomfortable, but a little qubool hai irrational, since after all I got more than enough oxygen and all other managed just fine. After a short break, I decided that the rest of the trip would be about the easiest thing I can think of: breathing. In through the nose, out through your nose. As calmly as I could in height. My boyfriend got so powerful migraine that he had to turn around when we were almost half way, but I did continue (we had a deal: If one must turn, continue the other). Because of the altitude sickness I could not keep up with the others in the group, but thankfully one of the assistant guides out of me. Stella Point is the first point you reach, qubool hai at least when one goes the route we chose. Then you are at 5,745 meters, and many will turn when they get here. I managed to fight my way up there, through a terrain that resembles a sandy beach - uphill and cold weather. The heavy hiking boots sank deep down every step I took, and this piece was decidedly heavier. Also right before the (first) goal?! Typical! From Stella Point takes about 45 minutes to walk to Uhuru Peak, which is the highest point. It was never an option for me to turn around before I was fully up, so I just kept at very low but steady pace mine. On the way we passed glaciers, deserts ... When I see pictures in retrospect, qubool hai I think it looks almost unreal. But at the time I was too tired to take completely over me how beautiful and special qubool hai landscape around me was. I remember qubool hai I got to the top and saw the people in my group (they had only been there for fifteen minutes, but I had not seen a trace of the of several hours). The guide said that we had to take a picture, and I thought, "OK, then." I'm actually not sure whether I would bear to document qubool hai this feat if it had not been for that he reminded me of it - and took out my camera and got someone to take the picture. I was happy, but too tired to dwell on the victory feeling. I was so incredibly tired! And dehydrated and dizzy and tired of walking. But I did it. I stood on top! I did it! Can we go back now?
The sun rises over Kilimanjaro. According to climate scientists, qubool hai these glaciers be gone in a few years. Too bad! The landscape around the Uhuru Peak was very changeable. The ride back to camp took two to three hours (and so we spent a day to get down again). It was a struggle to get n

No comments:

Post a Comment