Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I don't know, it might be a good strategy to delay it to the fall when it can make a bigger splash,


Forum VUDU VUDU Disc to Digital CFF delayed to 2nd half of the year If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. atlantis To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
The second atlantis phase, with interoperable downloads using the UltraViolet Common File Format and UltraViolet players, has been delayed until the second half of 2014. This is getting beyond ridiculous. Something that should have been out this time last year, is being delayed once again. The CFF is one of the main reason I bought into UV, and I'm becoming increasingly frustrated that we still do not have any CFF encoded files at this point. I have been firmly atlantis behind UV for over a year, and have always encouraged others to try it. However, I am seriously starting to regret my investment into this system. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I've had to go back to doing my own encodes of my movies because even at 300GB/mo, atlantis my current bandwidth limit is not conducive to streaming HDX more than once or twice a week. I need to be able to download the file once, and watch it whenever I want. I can deal with the glitchy website and every other complaint that's been leveled at UV, but I can't deal with the constant non-release of the CFF files. Seriously, what is the hold-up? I do encodes all the time, with great quality and 5.1 surround sound using open source tools. With the technology companies they have in the DECE, there is no way the problem is with the actual encoding. I guarantee they are still trying to think of ways to keep the files from being pirated, and it's causing them to keep delaying the release of the files, atlantis which only punishes the very customers that have bought into the system.
I don't know, it might be a good strategy to delay it to the fall when it can make a bigger splash, say maybe right before the back to school shopping season, which leads right to the holiday shopping season. They will probably atlantis launch a lot of new players when the CFF launches, so September would be the perfect time to do that. I do hope they do it before the end of the summer though. I do agree there hasn't been much good news since last October when Target Ticket launched its service.
Join Date Apr 2013 Posts 129
I don't know, it might be a good strategy to delay it to the fall when it can make a bigger splash, say maybe right before the back to school shopping season, which leads right to the holiday shopping season. They will probably launch a lot of new players when the CFF launches, so September would be the perfect time to do that. I do hope they do it before the end of the summer atlantis though. I do agree there hasn't been much good news since last October when Target Ticket launched its service. Actually, the summer would be a better time. Kids don't play outside anymore, so what are they doing during the summer? Sitting around and watching TV or playing games. I'm sure parents with teenagers see a huge spike in bandwidth atlantis usage during the summer, so it would make sense to release it then. Notice atlantis it says second half, not fall. Long as they release it by Dec 31, they have released it in the specified timeframe. I wish there was some transparency with the DECE. Everything is discovered through secondary sources. Just come out and tell us "Hey, the CFF is being delayed because xyz".
I'm very disappointed. I travel full-time, and I need downloaded content. The current kludgy clients are not doing the job. I need to download for every platform, can't keep them due to space constraints, and I can't put the files where I want them on external storage.
I'm very disappointed. I travel full-time, and I need downloaded content. The current kludgy clients are not doing the job. I need to download for every platform, can't keep them due to space constraints, and I can't put the files where I want them on external storage. what is worse is AT&T and their internet atlantis usage fees. Its capped at 150 gigs download 13 movies and I'm paying 10.00 every 50gbs in fees.... If AT&T and others don't rethink these charges or increase the gig limits. There is no way on earth I'm going to be able to stream or download very much every month.
what is worse is AT&T and their internet usage fees. Its capped at 150 gigs download 13 movies and I'm paying 10.00 every 50gbs in fees.... If AT&T atlantis and others don't rethink these charges or increase the gig limits. There is no way on earth I'm going to be able to stream or download very much every month. With Cox, I have twice that much, and it's still feeling restrictive. Providers set these limits before companies like Netflix atlantis and Hulu started offering HD streams, and before UV took off. Unfortunately, with "cord-cutting" increasing, I do not see them making any meaningful movement to upgrade caps. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see them actually get more restrictive g

No comments:

Post a Comment